Friday, February 10, 2012

Side Projects 01 - Old Short Film Concept Sketches

Over the summer of 2011, I was actively trying to come up with an idea for a story to animate. After dozens of lousy storyboards and ideas, I settled on this one, which I also later abandoned. There were tons of issues with the story, most of which would require a complete overhaul. I did not think it was worth it, and went on to work on better things.

I made over 1000 concept sketches for the project. Below are a few select samples.

First are some quick composition and environmental studies:



Next up are some face/pose sketches. I would draw as many versions of the expression/pose as I could until I found the one I wanted. For comparison, I included the corresponding "final" storyboard panel.



No comments:

Post a Comment