Friday, October 19, 2012

Illustration 2

The next project for the illustration class was to create an image with a story. This story needed to combine three elements - a character from myth, a news headline, and a local setting. My mythical character was the kasa obake, which is basically a Japanese umbrella monster. The news headline was "Graveyard of Umbrellas at the Democratic National Convention" of which I just used the "graveyard of umbrellas" part. Finally, I set the piece at the Redmond Town Center, which is mostly an outdoor mall. One thing I found amusing about the mall is that there are umbrellas all around the area which people are free to use (and return when they're finished) while at the mall. So the three elements formed a natural fit in my mind. Here it is:


No comments:

Post a Comment